Become a Member
There is magic in boating. It brings peace to the soul and it provides a continuing source of rewards, satisfaction and contentment. This boating magic flows from many sources: the boat you choose, the family and friends that share your time aboard, the waters that you sail and the port that you call home. The HYC can be part of this magic.
Benefits of Membership in the Harrison Yacht Club:
- a first class moorage slip next to the Village of Harrison Hot Springs
- great friendships and networking opportunities
- social events year-round, including cruises, sail boat races, a poker run, etc
- boating education and volunteer activities
- reciprocal privileges at affiliated yacht clubs
- access to the ocean by navigating down the Harrison and Fraser rivers
- enjoyment of the HYC out-station at Long Island Bay
- opportunity to host private events at the club
Visit the HYC Member Responsibility page and determine if HYC is for you and if so, you must do the following:
- Obtain sponsorship from two HYC members who will approach the HYC Bridge.
- If the Bridge agrees that the members may continue with this sponsorship, they shall obtain and provide to you an HYC Membership Application Form.
- The sponsor(s) shall ensure you are fully aware of all HYC member responsibilities.
- The sponsor(s) will provide the completed forms, dues and fees to the Vice Commodore.
- The Vice Commodore will arrange for a meeting with you and the Commodore.
- If the Commodore and Vice Commodore proceed with the application, then the sponsor shall present you at the next Bridge Meeting. Note: You must own a vessel to become a member but you do not have to obtain moorage.
For further detail, Section 1.04 in the HYC Constitution.
MEMBERSHIP & MOORAGE FEES
- One-time Initiation Fee (non-refundable): $1,000
- Annual Social Dues: $150
- Monthly Moorage Fees: $3.50/foot
For more information on membership, email us.